Becoming a member of NCRSP is the gateway to a variety of benefits and programs through numerous organizations.
One benefit for our members is our two registered lobbyists. They work with NC Legislature and other retiree groups such as NCRGEA, NCAE, and SEANC for a unified legislative plan to be presented to the Legislature. This assures review of benefits such as annual cost of living adjustments (COLA) and employer contributions to the retirement investment fund.
Our lobbyists also work to protect key provisions of the State Health Plan which includes:
- No retiree premium
- Possible lowest out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Unlimited lifetime maximum medical benefit
What is included in membership dues?
- National (NEA)
- State (NCAE)
- Retired (NCRSP) Regional & Local
NCRSP members receive free Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance coverage worth $7,500 or $2,500 based on payment selection for annual dues!
All members can obtain insurance through NEA Life Insurance. NEA Lifetime members can obtain additional exclusive insurance coverage.
What types of insurance and discounts can I receive?
- NCRSP Membership Access with your ID number- Use your zip code to save up to 50% on Dining, Shopping, Travel & More! *If you need your ID number contact us here
- NCRSP – Hearing Discount Visit Hear in America OR Call 1-800-286-6149
- NEA – Variety of Insurance policies, Credit Programs, Investment Programs (NEA Member Benefit resource)
The NCRSP Panorama distributed three times yearly is contributed by members from around the state. Members also receive free copies of the NCAE News Bulletin on-line and NEA-Retired This Active Life.