NCRSP encourages its members to be registered, educated and active voters in the upcoming election. Although Election Day is November 3, 2020, it is not too early to verify your voter registration, learn about the candidates, and even to vote. Makes sure that your vote is counted!
Am I Registered to Vote?
(And is my address current?)
- Registration deadline is October 9, 2020.
- Confirm your voter registration and correct address
- If you or someone in your family is a new voter, register to vote.
Ways to Vote
See Options at https://www.ncsbe.gov/Voting-Options
- Request your ballot online or print this ballot request.
- Although the deadline to request a ballot is October 27, 2020, 5:00 PM, request it now!
- While ballot submission deadline is November 3, 2000, 5:00 PM, submit your completed ballot as soon as you receive it to ensure it is received timely.
Early Voting Dates: October 15 – October 31, 2020
- Avoid the lines by voting early!
- Find early voting sites, by selecting your county from the dropdown menu.
Election Day In-Person Voting: November 3 2020, 6:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Find your polling place.
- Be prepared for crowds, and remember to wear a mask and social distance.
Learn About the Candidates
Who best represents your interests as a retiree?
- Check out this list of candidates with links to their websites. Read about each candidate’s campaign platform and positions on the issues important to retirees.
- Find the candidates via the Major Political Party Websites
- NCAE Endorsed Candidates
- Select your county from the dropdown.
- The League of Women Voters has a long history of providing non-partisan information about candidates.
How Else Can I Get Involved?
I would like to volunteer to help a favorite candidate.
- Search the candidate’s website from this list of candidates with links to their websites. Contact the campaign to express your interest in volunteering.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most volunteer opportunities consist of phone banking, texting, or writing postcards from home.